The aim of that course is to give you the mastery of the construction and manipulation of the natural integers, the numbers we count with.
Starting with practical animated graphics, and Python manipulations, you will become by the end of that course a master in:
- Counting and constructing the natural integers set, from zero to infinity
- Comparing natural integers, and ordering the natural integers set
- Adding, subtracting and multiplying the natural integers, including doing all these operations in a unique formula.
- Understanding the powers of 10 and the exponential notation
- Exponentiating the natural integers, and manipulating polynomials
- Comparing the results of additions and/or subtraction
- Comparing the results of multiplications and/or exponentiation
At the top of all that, you will master the powerful proof by recursion, a tremendously useful method of proving theorems, based on the natural integers set construction.
That course includes 39 high quality video lectures, plus 9 downloadable recapitulative documents, one per section, with all the proofs.
Fabienne holds the “Agrégation de Mathématiques“ , the French Highest Degree to teach math in Secondary Schools.
After a career of 28 years as a R&D engineer in applied mathematics, she founded Mathedu (Re-engineering Mathematics) with her husband and collaborator François, to teach mathematics from a practical point of view, based on Python coding.She is both an expert in teaching math and a passionated woman and will help you to experiment the joyce of increasing your mastery in mathematics.
PreviewLecture 2 : About Counting (6:17)
PreviewLecture 3 : The Natural Integers Set (2:33)
StartLecture 4: The Proof by Recursion (3:51)
StartLecture 5 : Compare Natural Integers (9:21)
StartLecture 6:: The Totally Ordered Set (N,≤) (13:03)
StartLecture 7 : Construct and Compare the Natural Integers (PDF)
StartSection 2 test
Frequently Asked Questions
Wish to earn the Certificate of Arythmetics Mastery?
Enroll and take the course, answer the tests and final exam…
…and it's done!