The aim of that course is to give you the mastery of the construction and manipulation of the integers of any signs.
Starting with practical animated graphics, and Python manipulations, you will become by the end of that course a master in:
- Constructing the integers set, from negative infinity to positive infinity
- Comparing integers of any signs, and ordering the integers set Z
- Adding, subtracting and multiplying the integers of any signs, including doing all these operations in a unique formula.
- Exponentiating the integers of any signs by natural integers
- Comparing the results of additions and/or subtractions.
- Comparing the results of multiplications and/or exponentiations.
Fabienne holds the “Agrégation de Mathématiques“ , the French Highest Degree to teach math in Secondary Schools.
After a career of 26 years as a R&D engineer in applied mathematics, she founded Mathedu (Re-engineering Mathematics) with her husband and collaborator François, to teach mathematics from a practical point of view, based on Python coding.She is both an expert in teaching math and a passionated woman and will help you to experiment the joy of increasing your mastery in mathematics.
StartExploration of the addition in Z (6:00)
StartExploration of the subtraction in Z (8:10)
StartAddition and subtraction mutual properties (7:11)
StartThe Properties of the Addition of Integers (8:22)
StartSolving additive and subtractive equations in Z (11:53)
StartThe Integers additive commutative group (pdf)
StartSection 3 Test